Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Something Yummy

In my quest to straighten up my diet I made this recipe this morning. It's a bit like hummus. Yummy, easy and cheap. I love my veggies, but they're always better with dip.

1 (15 0z) can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 TBSP of chopped fresh rosemary (I just sprinkled in some Italian Seasonings)
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Just blend it up in the blender or food processor... that's it!

And for that Saturday morning muffin craving I tried these out:

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
2/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup egg substitute
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar

2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or generously spray with nonstick cooking spray. Beat milk, oil, banana and egg substitute in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except blueberries and mix just until flour is moistened. Place blueberries in a plastic bag and sprinkle with flour. Gently shake to coat berries with flour to prevent them from "bleeding" into the muffins. Gently fold in blueberries and divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 Servings; Serving Size: 1 muffin

I substituted the flour for whole wheat flour, and 1/3 cup of Splenda for 1/3 cup of the sugar. They were yummy and delicious.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh how I love new recipes. Can't wait to try them.